Trollscantsing

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:54 am 

I've been playing this game from almost when it first started. The skill loss and the monster reduction has killed the game but not for them who is at max hard cap 2 skill is easy to gain I am talking about them at soft cap
Example. I started to train main again in 60 days I gained 11 skill that's training 8 hours a day solid so to go from soft cap to hard cap it would take at least 18 month that's not counting the 18 skill reduction and the 18 more skill added so that's another 6 month so 2 years plus to get to hard cap from soft cap
But if you put the work in that's fine but that's with no monster reduction.
You can onley train hard for 1 month then you have to waste a few days changing armor and find a new training place for another month ext ext that puts more time on it.
The game now is onley for the max hard cap players to enjoy. The skill reduction and monster reduction shud have been done at the start of the game not 10 years on the people who agreed with it probably was at hard cap max anyway
The game was more fun when Lord demon mountain was the best place to train and darks and lights used to fight to control it
BTW it's not just me that's just gonna burn turns or quit they is a few players hope they post here and have there say
Ps and this is from a unarmed player so it gonna be a lot harder for the two handed players
So on that note it burning turns in cap for me
Have fun all its been a blast :)

Post subject: Re: Quit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:24 am 

I stopped playing Stax for nearly the same reason, along with some other personal reasons. Suffice it to say, it takes way too much time to increase or even maintain softcap+ or get anywhere near hardcap to be a contender for PVP... and PVP is all I enjoy, not the 'world' stuff. Not to mention trying to contend on both servers, hence I cut down to Lambe only.

Tired of Stax like me? Play Lambe!

Lambe PVP is much more balanced, from the map (less time intensive raids) to player skills (no skill erosion and no insane soft/hard limit gaps).

Takes only a year... less if you have 8 hours a day like that... to become relevant.

Only downside is Lambe player base is a fraction of the Stax base, but one makes it fun where it counts I suppose.

TL:DR - Lambe > Stax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:03 pm 

)':

Même les meilleurs raisonnements viennent a bout du fun.
Je ne suis pas bien fan des changements, mais l'idée avait de bons fondements.

Lambé est plus abrupte, et il n'est pas vraiment équilibré.. Du moins pour moi qui suis light. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 am 

Quote:
I've been playing this game from almost when it first started. The skill loss and the monster reduction has killed the game but not for them who is at max hard cap 2 skill is easy to gain I am talking about them at soft cap
Example. I started to train main again in 60 days I gained 11 skill that's training 8 hours a day solid so to go from soft cap to hard cap it would take at least 18 month that's not counting the 18 skill reduction and the 18 more skill added so that's another 6 month so 2 years plus to get to hard cap from soft cap
But if you put the work in that's fine but that's with no monster reduction.
You can onley train hard for 1 month then you have to waste a few days changing armor and find a new training place for another month ext ext that puts more time on it.
The game now is onley for the max hard cap players to enjoy. The skill reduction and monster reduction shud have been done at the start of the game not 10 years on the people who agreed with it probably was at hard cap max anyway
The game was more fun when Lord demon mountain was the best place to train and darks and lights used to fight to control it
BTW it's not just me that's just gonna burn turns or quit they is a few players hope they post here and have there say
Ps and this is from a unarmed player so it gonna be a lot harder for the two handed players
So on that note it burning turns in cap for me
Have fun all its been a blast :)
Hey Lumber,

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this....
But here goes again...:

:arrow: 1. skill loss does not help those at max cap, on the contrary. I still don't understand how this can come up. For a player who hits softcap today, this is already 20 less hardcap skills he needs to catch up... Players under 1300 or inactive do not get skill loss. Players barely over softcap will be impacted but it takes them a bit less time to get back the skill compared to a hardcap so even there it's still a slight win.

:arrow: 2. monster reduction has not affected your daily xp. XP/hit was increased by 60% as compensation and in fact that was a bit generous and training became on average 0-10% easier (depending on training grounds) after that change.

These changes were made to make game more time-friendly and more noob-friendly. Overall the survey showed that a vast majority gave it a high approval rating and only 11% wanted to go back to the way it was before that. Most of the complaints usually come from misinterpretation of the consequences of these changes or because of some weird cognitive bias that players have (players like raffallos leave because they say changes are anti-hardcappers and players like you leave because they say they are pro-hardcappers...).

Lastly, your math is either very skewed or dishonest. 11 skills in 60 days, I do not know how this is possible unless you are training main skill on lava golems. Even with higher attack power (reduces XP) and much more damage (hammer vs unarmed), I get 1 skill per 3 day.

Apart from that, sorry to see you leave. You were a very respected player and will stay one of the legend characters of Stax. Farewell!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:55 am 

Forgot to mention the big reason why training is so poor for the lights is because the Neutrals are killing are training grounds. We stop training at a place to let it fertilise but the Neutrals just train there because it's empty dropping the encounter every month

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm 

That's an interesting point. Have you tried discussing it with them? Shouldn't be too difficult to show them it's better for everyone if they also respect some basic rules...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:15 pm 

One idea that have come up (haven't voiced it yet) would be to make shaman/fertility change every 2 months instead of every month.

1. Less work for BO ;)
2. Takes longer to "run out" of new shaman monsters/priest items
3. People can get slightly more comfortable training in an area instead of having to rush for the next fertility ground or shaman (those who play slower take longer time to finish shaman obviously) which I believe is something that would suit players like Lumberjack?

Another suggestion from my part would be to lower the loss of not finishing the shaman at the same month so that "catching up" or standing out for a month is less cumbersome, for example letting those who don't finish the same month still get the ticket, or the main and leadership, or the ticket and main or ticket/leadership. I'd vouch for ticket and one or both of the 1k main/ls skills.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:23 am 

Also with the fertility change every month, if you do the shaman quest you use 1/3 of the months training doing the quest so you only really get 2/3 of the month training before fertility changes again, the 2 month option might be a little better and less work for admins then also.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:09 pm 

I can only agree with 2 months. I am playing a bit slower and it feels i got 2/4 weeks a month concentrating on the shamanquest (well not 100% concentrating, but close) and rest "freetime" where i can roam/train.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:42 am 

On the same topic you tell that you suffer from neutral training in your spot but I suppose you also get some advantages like combining priest items, making a sleeping camp in a training area bigger discouraging darks to raid it and so on...

Eury

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]