Trollscantsing

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ] 
 Post subject: Purchaseable Quest Items
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:36 am 

So you may have read the title and thought Noooo Chow you fool! But hear me out.

So I'm in a position where I've been killed mid quest, lost a quest item and have no way of getting this back... That I know of.

This leaves me unable to complete my quest. Worse it leaves me unable to start other quests that require that i have completed this quest or ones following on from this one.

If another player was to sell me the quest item, in turn, this would leave them in the same position.

Perhaps there could be an NPC somewhere on the map, my first thought is somewhere central and vulnerable such as star mountain. The NPC could sell quest items... But the items would need to be priced at a ridiculously high price to prevent quest abuse, maybe around 200,000. This would atleast allow players back into the joy of questing.

Post subject: Re: Purchaseable Quest Items
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:41 pm 

Object name ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:55 pm 

Interesting suggestion.
In the meantime if you're stuck because of that, you know you can ask admins to reset the quest for you. This means you will have to start it over though, but at least you're not stuck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:01 pm 

There is also requesting through OOC means the item back. (we're darks but we are still people and players... most of us) should a person ask, in general we find means to return items (depending on how much we respect you of course, and who it is that got your item.)

you're hardly the only person to have lost quest items, nor is it only lights that have lost them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:50 pm 

All points noted, maybe I need a little more OOC interaction :)

I knew this would also be effecting other player (from all factions) I thought this would solve the issue for all players without the need of harassing an admin each time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm 

Selmen s'io dess nalcaclac..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:48 pm 

There is also somewhat of a code of honor about not grabbing quest items after killing someone. Off course there is absolutely no rule against that, but it'd be nice if most people followed it :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:44 am 

That depends on 1 being able to identify it as a quest item easily, and 2 not being paranoid and grabbing everything to run.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:31 pm 

How hard would it be to make quest items inventory bound, similar to the assassin ring or other items from lambe? or does that only work when youre able to wear the items?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:58 pm 

Very easy actually. But even though it would be convenient, it makes no sense RP-wise. Items that have some magical power like the Assassin ring can be soul-bound, but why would an enveloppe from one NPC to the other be soul-bound?

Also the biggest reason why people lose quest item is not really death to another player, but more storage in a town and then forgetting about it (then someone else takes it, or player leaves the group without remembering it....)

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]