Trollscantsing

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Buildings Decay
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:50 am 

Buildings have a health and at present these health seems a little pointless as you cant damage a building - or at least not what I'm aware of.

It also appears that several players use dwellings of inactive towns/players to stash items around the map. I guess made possible due to past events.

Not to penalise and players who may already have done this, I am assuming this is legal, perhaps we could look at implementing some form of building decay factor.

This would mean active players would have to maintain their buildings (as a person is required to IRL) and mean those left to rot slowly disintegrate. It could be something low like 1 health per day per building, so that fixing up on a monthly basis would take a few turns and possibly materials but exisiting structure would take months or even years to disintegrate, or perhaps something a little higher so that old "inactive" tonws aren't standing for year after year.

Perhaps this could add an extra dimension to the game and make the role of crafters a little more prominent.

It also makes it a little harder for players to have several towns around the map, those of which they have not erected themselves.

If you want to complicate things you could even make it so that if someone "seeks" on a damaged town they have a chance of recovering/stealing some loot. Chance of recovery determined by damage to building and seeking level.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]